THE SPIRIT OF THE FOUNDERS AND IT’S FOUNDATION
Religious institutes are a very special gift of God to the universal and the local church. The decree on the Appropriate Renewal Of Religious Life (perfectae caritatis) states “And so it happened by divine plan that a wonderful variety of religious communities grew up”. This variety contributed mightily towards making the church experienced in every good deed and ready for a ministry of service in building up Christ’s body. Not only this, but adorned by the various gifts of her children, the church became radiant like a bride made beautiful for her spouse and through her, God’s manifolds wisdom could revel itself.
MMCPC FOUNDATIONAL STATUS
THE CREATION OF LITTLE CONSOLAR OF CHRIST PASSION(L.L.C.P) ORPHANAGE AND GIRL-MOTHER HOSTEL FOR WHERE CHILDREN CAN BE SAVE FROM LACK (1921-1992)
First Order STSP: MONSEIGNEUR JOSEPH DE VIC AND MOTHER THERESA BENEDICTA LOUISA.
Second Order of STSP/MMCPC: MOTHER DR MERABELLE GODWIN
MMCPC SPIRIT OF THE FOUNDERS
Passionate Consolars It was just after the second Vatican Council that the congregation of Medical Missionary Of Christ ( MMCPC) Sisters was born as a second order of Missionary Sisters Of St Teresa Servant Of Christ Passion (STSP), by Mother Benedicta Luisa. In fact, not long after she died in October 1992 while the second order was born 3 May 1992. In the words of Mother Benedicta Luisa of Blessed memory, the Mother’s support of STSP is a priceless heritage which she has left to the church which was left uncompleted for the African Mission. She was unable to complete the installation of the institute in Africa before she died in the same year.
WHO ARE THE MEDICAL MISSIONARIES OF CHRIST PASSION CONSOLARS (MMCPC)?
The Medical Missionary Sisters Of Christ Passion Consolars (MMSCPC) are an apostolic diocesan right of religious women with public vows of poverty, chastity and obedience to constitutional article.
They endeavor to be in union with God and their neighbors, with particular attention to the poor and marginalized.
The history of (MMSCPC) began 12 years ago at the Catholic Diocese of Cotonou Calari, Benin. The Bishop of Cotonou, Monsieur … accepted to adopt the institution by Mother Merabelle V.O. Godwin. Medical Missionary Sisters of Christ’s Passion Consolar, under the supervision of STSP sisters, her Mother’s congregation. Her purpose was to have a congregation for African mission women, glorifying God through their lives, of total commitment to Him and the service of His church, mainly in Africa on June 1992. (MMSCPC) was created as a second order of (STSP) congregation.
- Veronica Ayukuegba F. was the first novice who left in August 1994. In November 1995, Sr Benedicta Mugguh Kambe made her first professor. After many years, she died, and was buried in her home country were she died. The first group reception into the novitiate took place on 1 October 1994. Since then, many girls have answered God’s call.
The initial formation was entrusted to the missionary sisters of the (STSP), with Sr. Mary De Lourdes as pioneer novice mistress. Sr. Catherine Kelly later Maureen Kelly was involved in the STSP and she took it as a second order of the congregation, to be involved in the formation of young seeds of our congregation. Having completed their task, since the co- founder of Blessed memory died, became shaken because no white sister was ready to come to Africa to work.
- The responsibility of formation was handed over in 2010 to Mother Merabelle Victoria O. Godwin as the first indigenous novice mistress. When Mother Merabelle took over the African Mission for the mandate of twelve years as a superior of African Mission. She took over the newly created order of the mother congregation and got a principal Bishop for the institution in her name, with the help of Most Rev Luke of Dominican Republic of Blessed memory. When the congregation moved to Calari Aconville parish, the Motherhouse, before we got a principal Bishop from Dominican Republic, which automatically became our Mother house. While in town, parish has hosted the Motherhouse, Novitiate house and Generalate all in one building since 18 September 1994, when the Sisters moved the Motherhouse from Calari to Dominican Republic.
Calari Acconville parish has hosted the Motherhouse, Novitiatehouse and Generalate all in one building.
- 3rd set of the Novice was hosted by the Bishop of Enugu, Nigeria in the house of formation. Mother Merabelle closed the Enugu community after one year and eight months, due to the immoral behaviours found among the Novices. They were sent away in August 2016, out of the congregation. The formation house in Nigeria was closed till further notice. The names of those Novices that were sent away due to immoral misconduct and violation of the role of religious life were: Chioma Chukwuemeka, Obioma Aloh, Ifeoma Ibekwe, Ngozi Eneje, Virginia Chukwu, Faustina C. Eke and Uchechukwu Aniegboka.
The Sisters of Medical Missionary Of Christ Passion Consolar, glorify God through their lives of total commitment to God and to the service of the church. Their lives and ministries as Sisters of MMSCPC is not about doing extraordinary things, but rather, doing little things extraordinarily well and with love. The uphold this spirituality after the example of Our Lady of Visitation and St Teresa of Lisieux.
Our mission of charity aims at promoting and saving lives through assistance and education of children, adding values to lives of our target group and make them men and women of integrity, honesty, self discipline and self reliance, who would be responsible and dynamic.
The congregation’s spirit reflects that of it’s patroness, Our Lady of Visitation, in her total dedication to the work of God and to Christ and his church, and her complete surrender to the will of God, with a readiness to accomplish it in a spirit of joyful simplicity, confidence and love. The congregation’s spirit also reflects that of it’s foundress in her love and commitment to unity and her total dedication as a visionary to console the agonizing Christ in suffering in the lives of the abandoned little ones, also reflects in her gift of Exucizim… Bring back the lost souls to God. Expressed in her motto “may they all be one” taken from Christ’s own prayer for unity (Jn 17:21).
She always say to her sisters “the Sisters understand that it is not what they do for Christ that matters, but rather the spirit with which every task is done, and the degree of personal union with God and the love and dedication with which they perform the task”. Today, the Sisters of MMSCPC of Dominican Republic continue their long tradition of serving God in little ways.
“Doing little things extraordinarily well”, love of and devotion to Mary Our Mother who is the supreme example of dedication of Christ, is an essential part of the congregation’s spirit.
The ministries of sisters of Medical Missionary Of Christ Passion Consolar are rich with possibilities. They render services to the poor and marginalized, children and youths, the physically disabled through the ministries of education, health and prison apostolate, social and pastoral services, Evangelization of exorcism. They take special interest in pro- life and in uplifting the status of women and seek to fulfill their main goal, namely: to make Christ present in the world through their witness of meeting unmet needs with life giving ministries.
Imitation of Our compassionate Christ Jesus, in his mission of saving lost souls by devoting ourselves to becoming hosts of sacrifices by practicing the holy charity. A charism for the evangelization of sources of charity to save souls by charity.
Social work/ evangelization.
Pro- life programs.
Today there are (32) thirty- two professed members, (14) fourteen novices, (11) eleven postulate, (11) eleven candidates and (20) aspirants. They minister in Dominical Republic, USA, Calavi, Aladah Cotonou Benin, Nigeria Owerri and Enugu. They also work in hospitals and health centres as matrons, physiotherapists, nurses, financial and pharmacy associates.
In prison, they carry out prison pastoral care and the rehabilitation of prisoners, abandoned and less privileges. The Sisters MMSCPC are currently in the middle of creating a new area of apostolate in special education. Nanny/manney school in 2024. They hope to send a small community of four sisters to Cameron and Abuja, Nigeria.
MOTTO: Passionate Consolar Congregation.
FEAST DAY: 31st May.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
OUR NEEDS INCREASE
PROJECT AND NEEDS
Here in Africa (Benin) there is a great need in the area of development and sustenance of our mission e.g. the children’s home (Orphanage) the formation house for the postulants and aspirants. At the moment, we need help and collaborators in the area of education and welfare of children, as we run an orphanage, and in the area of training of sisters.
We the MMCPC need your support to give life meaning for our children in villages of no mother, no father, no home, and no future.
In building children’s center, so that they may found a loving home
Help us to help them get everything they need for life: love, security, medical and education.
For further enquires and donation to the projects of the MMCPC missionaries
Rev. mother Dr. Merabelle Victoria P.O. Godwins Onyenwe
Regional supervisor of West Africa.
Please cheque should be written in favour of:
Little consolers of Christ passion orphanage or Medical Missionary sisters of Christ Passion Consolars MMCPC and mail to Rev. mother Dr. Merabelle Victoria Godwins Onyenwe, Directress of promotion of STSP missionary. The founder of Medical Missionaries Sisters of Christ Passion Consolars MMCPC.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Name: Little consolers of Christ passion orphanage
Bank No: 1014117641
Phone No: +2348034770516
NTN Mobil money Num: 66391542 Benin
1. Head office: Abomey – Calavi Accon – Ville, Benin Republic. Produced by medical missionaries ( MMCPC / STSP).
2. Community of Dallas, 13626 spring grove avenue Dallas, Texas 75240 TX USA. +14694077930
3. In partnership with Watermark Questcare Clinic Community Church. 9780 LBJ Freeway, Suite 124 Dallas, Texas 75243. USA.
4. Branch office: La Consolar Outreach under the diocese of Lafia; Abacha Road, behind City College by Commissioner’s house, New Karu Extension. Nasarawa State.
08134770516. 09154510716. 08162133180.
ABOUT FOUNDRESS OF MEDICAL MISSIONARIES OF C.P.C, MOTHER MERABELLE.
Mother Merabelle V. O Godwin was born in Italy in December 1979. Her mother Ezinne Mary Patience from a royal Okereke family has 9 children, she is the second to the last of the 9 children of her parents Mr. & Mrs. Godwin Nnanna Onyenwe. Her father died in 2010 and Mama Mary P. died in 2018. Merabelle helped her with household chores. It is a modest family of which Papa Nnanna Godwin owned poultry after his retirement as a government worker. He died a year before the approval of the African mission, Medical Missionaries Of C.P.C (S.T.S.P) on June 4, 2011. Since from the years of her youth, mother Merabelle V. O Godwin could predict the future. She is a visionary, and she has a gift of prayer. She made every effort to initiate herself to the work of God as a prayer warrior and a mother of every child of God. At the age of 11years, she became a leader of youth in her home parish. She was attracted to becoming a Nun. She went to junior H.HCJ to be trained. Due to her heart condition, was always in the hospital. She came back to the same town with her mother. She built a part of her life in the home parish church since it was the only place she found peace of mind and could not collapse due to the hole in her heart.
At the age of 15, she created a liturgical dancer in 14 parishes. She was given the title “NNE umuaka” meaning “Mother of children” as many would call her at that time. After Secondary school education, she went to Nursing school (1996 – 1998) and obtained a certificate in DNS. A Nurse in 1998 and a midwife. She joined the STSP in 2000 in Italy.
LIST OF SCHOOLS SHE ATTENDED.
- University college hospital (UCH), Ibadan Nigeria. BSC Nursing/midwifery.
- The Catholic University of Lyon France.
- CHU de Strasbourg institute de medicine. Formation specialized: Pediatrics.
- Ministēre de L’education Nationale, Republic Française (France).
- Diplôme D’etudes an langue: Delf/xalf B1/B2 (2009-2010).
- Universite D’Abomey Calari, Benin Republic.
Certificate of advanced level in French as a foreign language (CNAF B2).
Ecole superior de Jeunesse sans frontiers, Benin (cipena) center.
International de pharmacopeia.
Ph.D. Naturopathic. Specialist: phytotherapeutics.
She also studied at Allied health Richard college of health 12800 Abrams RD Dallas Texas 75243 USA.
Certificate in community pharmacy Technician from 2017- 2019
As a registered Technician with the Texas state Board of Pharmacy in 2019.
Studied in American heart association training center 2019.
SHE EXTENDS HER WORK AND THEN MEETS THE NEED OF THE WORLD.
- Creation of child care centers. August 2013.
- Foundation of Religious Medical Missionaries Of Christ Passion Consolar. 31 May 2010.
- L.C.C.P Orphanage “Little Consolar Passion Orphanage.
- Nanny institution/childcare and family foundation.